We provide a proven business grade service.

As a small business ourselves, we understand that business continuity is of utmost importance. We have this in mind when dealing with your commercial plumbing issues.

Being an emergency callout or preventative maintenance task, your plumbing emergency is our top priority.

Our materials are the highest quality and backed with comprehensive warranty leaving you with no hesitation when it comes to making decisions.

Whether you have a leaking tap in your commercial kitchen or a full premise fit out. You can count on Hunter Eco Plumbing to deliver a solution efficiently and effectively. With YOUR business in mind, your renovation or emergency plumbing issue should be resolved by our professional team at Hunter Eco Plumbing.

Want peace of mind?

Let us set up a programmed maintenance cycle that ensures your premise/s and its utilities are maintained. Reducing any chance of a plumbing emergency stopping you trading.

We deal with all commercial properties, large and small, whether they are solely or strata managed or serviced through facility managers.

Hunter Eco Plumbing looks after dozens of local cafes, pubs, clubs, restaurants, medical centres and hospitals. We carry the required public liability insurances, workcover and complete the required WHS Documentation to work on your commercial premise.

Did you know using an unlicensed plumber can come back to bite you?
Check your tradespersons licences and insurances PRIOR to commencing work.

To obtain a copy of Hunter Eco Plumbing’s Licence and Trade Insurances please email info@hunterecoplumbing.com.au



Getting repairs done to common property

Lot owners should firstly advise the strata managing agent or secretary of the owners corporation of the problem. If the problem is a minor repair, it may be able to be fixed without the need for a meeting. Major challenges may require a meeting of the strata committee or the owners corporation to authorise expenditure, or decide what action to take.

If no action is being taken, a lot owner can put a motion requesting repairs to the next meeting of the owners corporation. If the matter remains unresolved, an application for mediation may be made with Fair Trading.

Major repairs and maintenance to common property may be planned and included in the scheme’s 10-year plan for the capital works fund. Further information on the requirements for a 10-year plan can be found in the Levies and capital works fund page on the Fair Trading website.


Common repairs

The following is a guide to who is responsible for some of the most common repairs in a strata scheme.

Repair Who is responsible? 
Burst pipe in the bathroom If it is in a boundary wall, the owners corporation is responsible. If it is in an internal wall it is the lot owner’s, unless the pipe services more than your lot. In this case it is owners corporation responsibility.
The water from the shower is not draining away Plumbing under the floor is the responsibility of owners corporation.
The shower head is not working properly It is the lot owner’s responsibility.
The kitchen sink was broken and has caused water damage in both my unit and my neighbour’s unit Problems with everything in the airspace of a bathroom or kitchen including baths, toilets, sinks and dishwashers are the owner’s responsibility. However the owners corporation’s building insurance may cover some of these fixtures for damage.
There is damp and mould in my unit The owners corporation is responsible for water penetration problems coming in through external walls or the floor. The owner is responsible for the mould on their walls.
Electricity inside my unit has been cut off or not working The supply of electricity is the owners corporation’s responsibility. However, any cabling within the unit’s internal walls that only services the individual lot, is the owner’s responsibility.
Water leaks onto my balcony from the unit above every time they water their plants If the water is running off common property, the owners corporation is responsible. If it is caused by over watering by another owner or resident, that person is responsible.
Our balcony door is damaged and won’t close properly This depends on when the scheme was registered. In older schemes, registered before 1 July 1974, the owner is responsible. In newer schemes, registered after that date, the owners corporation is responsible.
Window safety devices The owners corporation is responsible for the installation and maintenance of window safety devices. However, the owners corporation can adopt a common property rights by-law. This confers the right and obligation to install and maintain any locking or safety device to individual lot owners.

*Information from NSW Fair Trading Website – accurate as at June 2018

Need a plumber? Hunter Eco Plumbing. Here to help.

Drop us a line regarding your particular residential or commercial plumbing needs and one of our friendly team will be in touch shortly.